Thursday, January 28, 2010

A New year, a new me!

As far back as i can remember, i have struggled when it came to my weight and my self esteem. I think the first time i went on a diet i was 11 years old. And that, to me, is pretty sad. But I'm 17 now and a Junior in high school who is walking around in a body that doesn't seem to display how i feel on the inside.
In the past, i have gone on numorous diets, and sometimes, i would even lose weight, but the diets never stuck. Time and time again i would find myself passing the salads for a burger and fries.
So why is this time different, you may ask?
I am still uncertain as to the answer to that. But i have a gut feeling, that this time will be my time to change. And i think that feeling stems from why i'm choosing to diet.
Over New Years i made a resolution, but my resolution was unlike any other i have made in the past, my resolution is simply to find myself. To find out more about me, to become more passionate, to become a beautiful and respectful person on both the inside and out. Although i do feel pressured by todays society to be thin, that is not why i am choosing to do this.
I am doing this for ME.

I began dieting on January 4 and at the end of the week i weighed in at ##6.6, my weight loss for that week is unknown.
The week after that i lost 2 1/2 lbs.
And Last week i lost another 2 1/2 lbs. bringing my total weight loss to right around 5 lbs.
I am not on a specific diet but i am watching my portions, making sure to consume my daily veggies and fruits, little to no fried food, little to no bread, and very little potatoes. I am trying to consume food high in protein and low in sugar and carbs. I have been trying my best to drink eight glasses of water a day, but this is sometimes a struggle for me. Also, i have been doing something i never have done before, and that is eating breakfast and going to the gym.

So follow me on my journey, maybe you'll find something out about yourself as well.

Weight as of Jan. 8: ##6
Weight as of Jan. 15: ##4.2
Weight as of Jan 22: ##2.2

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your post. I can relate to some things you mention, Im on a journey myself. I cant wait to read and learn more about your journey! best of luck, Rosa =D

    ReplyDelete